From: 9:00 AM Thursday, 20 July, 2017
To: 5:00 PM Friday, 21 July, 2017
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 12 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
This is a didactic course that will equip the attendee with the necessary knowledge and skills ready to apply on return to the surgery.
Topics covered will include:
- Dento-alveolar anatomy relevant to regenerative therapies
- Physiology of bone and changes at a histological level after extraction
- Intervening physiology to change pathway from resorption to regeneration
- Planning for preservation before extraction or attempting to regenerate after extraction?
- Techniques for ridge preservation including the atraumatic dental extraction
- Guided bone regeneration procedures after extraction sites have healed
The lectures will comprise extensively of case presentations to support and illustrate the contents. There will be a discussion on materials, suturing and instrumentation followed by ride preservation hands-on exercises on plastic jaw models. There will also be an opportunity to discuss advanced regenerative