Implant restoration of single tooth & full edentulous patients
THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED
From: 8:00 AM Friday, 9 September, 2016
To: 5:00 PM Friday, 9 September, 2016
TOTAL CPD AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT: 6 HOURS
6 CPD HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
A stimulating & interactive full day workshop with Dr Rob Aitken.
Few clinical situations in dentistry present the general practitioner with a greater treatment planning challenge than the single tooth implant supported restoration for a central incisor or the fully edentulous arch in the maxilla.
This day workshop will cover single tooth, overdenture and fixed bridge implant planning in the maxilla.
The course format differs from stereotyped courses currently offered as it challenges participants in an innovative way enabling them a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge through practical & interactive exchange.
Using 3D Tomography and Bio-models, participants will learn:
- Correct Patient assessment: What do I need to do?
- Implant planning: How long will it take? What documentation & informed consent are required?
- Surgical treatment sequencing: Who do I work with? What is the importance of the implant system used?
- Restorative options: What are they? What does the patient expect & what do I charge?
- Impression techniques: What happens next?
- Componentry options: Who takes responsibility? You, the dental technician, the surgeon?
Participants will be provided with ‘take home’ single tooth & fully edentulous maxilla Bio-models & the 3D Tomography files of the single tooth for future reference & patient education.
* PLEASE NOTE: Reading and interpretation of the 3D scans will require all participants to bring a lap top computer to this workshop.
Dr Robert F AitkenBDS (Otago)
Rob Aitken received his dental degree from Otago University, in 1969, and after two years as a Dental Registrar at Lower Hutt Hospital, Wellington, went into general practice in Hamilton in the T &...