An introductory course for beginners
This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Saturday, 9 October, 2021
To: 4:30 PM
Saturday, 9 October, 2021
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 6.5 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
Clinical photography is not just about beautiful white teeth or cosmetic artistry. It is should encompass the whole spectrum of dental care from damage and disease through treatment to review and monitoring.
With today’s digital technology every dentist can chronicle photographically what they see in the mouth, whether for general records or whenever the situation warrants photographic documentation.
The closest thing to what we see through our loupes is a photograph and this can actually reflect the reality of the mouth. X-rays do not show failing restorations, crack lines and wear patterns; notes cannot always clearly indicate the sequence of events in a clinical session; study models poorly represent the restored nature of teeth and the health of soft tissues.
The routine use of digital clinical photography augments charting, notes and x-rays. It significantly enhances record-taking, validates clinical decisions and provide an impressive tool for patient education and practice marketing.
Attendees will see reviews of all types of cameras and the armamentarium and accessories required to take extra and intra-oral pictures. People easily comprehend visual data and this course will show instant quality images can dramatically improve patient understanding and acceptance of treatment recommendations.
Attendees will be able to use four different recommended camera systems during the practical sessions, as well as ensuring their own cameras are fit for purpose.
This course will be an invaluable experience for general dentists and specialists and will be useful for general photography as well.
- Photographs as part of records and communication in everyday dental practice.
- Images for patient education... ‘I want you to see what I see’.
- The essence of exposure, aperture and ISO in digital photography and overcoming the difficulties of hand-held macro photography.
- All the information on cameras and recommended systems as well as retractors, mirrors etc.
- The proper technique and settings for taking intra-oral and extra-oral images.
- Positioning the patient properly.
- An efficient team to seamlessly incorporate photography into the daily work flow.
- Better patient acceptance of treatment using photography and descriptive statements.
- Using modern digital camera technology that is straightforward to use and cost-effective.
- Learn how to consistently take outstanding intra-oral and extra-oral images.
- Clinical Photography as an integral part of best dental practice.
- Save, store, archive and display images – simplifying work flow and data asset management.
Speakers at this event...
Venue for Event...
Launceston TAS 7250
AUSTRALIA Phone: +61363343434