Maintenance and Prevention of Periodontal and Implant Disease
THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED
From: 9:00 AM Saturday, 10 December, 2016
To: 4:00 PM Saturday, 10 December, 2016
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 6 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
SPECIAL HANDS-ON COURSE with LIVE PATIENTS
Saturday, 10th December 2016, Sydney Dental Hospital
9.00am - 4.00pm 6 CPD Hours $650
Join Associate Professor Axel Spahr for a special course on Saturday, 10th December where you are able to perform prophylaxis on a live patient at the Sydney Dental Hospital with the use of the EMS Piezon and Airflow.
Specific conditions to attend this course applies. Please note the terms and conditions.
LIVE PATIENT COURSE SPECIFIC CONDITIONS UPON REGISTRATION
- Provide consent to the Sydney Dental Hospital to run a National Criminal Record Check on your behalf
- Provide 100 Points of Identification to do so
- Provide evidence of protection against specified infectious diseases
- Must be registered with Dental Board of Australia
- Must be covered by professional indemnity insurance including civil liability cover for all aspects of practice
For more information regarding the above please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION REGARDING THE COURSE:
The main focus of the lecture is discussing how to identify to interested dental professionals the most modern, gentle and cost effective techniques available for periodontal and implant maintenance.
Key topics include how to make periodontal treatments more effective and more enjoyable to you, your patients and your dental practice.
- Understanding biofilm
- Role of professional biofilm management
- Insights on ultrasonic and air-polishing technologies for biofilm removal
- Applying the above principles to implants
- How to best care for implants
- Prevention and treatment of peri-implant mucositis
This workshop is a platform for clinical experience learning and sharing. The correct techniques with both ultrasonic and air polishing devices will be demonstrated and trained first on simulation models and then clinically on patients. Dental professionals will learn to maximize efficiency and patient comfort.
Learn how to:
- Correctly apply ultrasonic instrumentation
- Correctly utilise supra-gingival air polishing devices
- Correctly utilise sub-gingival air polishing devices
- Correctly utilise deep pocket sub-gingival air polishing devices
- Learn which, when and where to utilise the different prophylaxis powders
Full Program - Sydney
THIS RATE APPLIES TO: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, Oral Health Therapists, Dental Assistants/Nurses, Students, Others
PLACES REMAINING: 4
- Full Program
- AUD 650.00
- Including 10% GST