Treatment Options for Peri-implantitis
From: 9:00 AM Saturday, 28 August, 2021
Registration opens at 8:30 AM
To: 5:00 PM Saturday, 28 August, 2021
TOTAL CPD AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT: 6 HOURS
6 CPD HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
Just like natural teeth, implants are constantly battling and resisting microbiological insults. A homeostatic situation is usually achieved when environmental and patient factors are favourable. This situation is finely balanced; any disturbances or adverse changes can easily shift the equation towards disease.
Topics to be covered will include:
Definition of peri-implant inflammation – peri-mucositis and peri-implantitis
• Comparing the aetiology and pathophysiology of periodontal diseases and peri-implantitis
• Diagnostic considerations – how to identify and classify disease severity
• Risk factors – patient factors, iatrogenic factors, hardware factors, etc.
• Prevention and future directions
• Principles of management
> Non-surgical management
> Surgical management
- Flap design, flap advancement, tension-free primary closure, and instrumentation
- Flap raising techniques and step-by-step guideline on suturing (Hands-on exercises on models and pig jaws).
- Implant surface decontamination techniques and supporting evidence.
- Reconstructive techniques – GBR and soft tissue management (Hands-on exercises on models and pig jaws – use of biomaterials to regenerate bone and gain soft tissue volume)
This course is designed for practitioners with an interest in expanding their concepts for Peri-Implantitis treatment.