THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED
From: 8:30 AM Friday, 16 February, 2024
Registration opens at 8:00 AM
To: 5:30 PM Saturday, 17 February, 2024
TOTAL CPD AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT: 17 HOURS
17 CPD HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
This 2-day program is designed for dentists who want to improve their knowledge of dental morphology and learn step-by-step protocols for achieving natural aesthetic restorations with improved techniques in wax up, ceramic and stain management and teeth reconstruction. The techniques could be applied to composite as well as digital design and manufacture.
LECTURE - Friday, 3 November
- Morphology of anterior and posterior teeth
- Natural teeth morphology transfer
- Importance of morphology
- Shape differentials between males and females
- Margin creation and ideal emergence profiles
- Preparations for Lithium Disilicate
- Occlusal Plane alignment using DSD
- Embrasure management
- Shade map for cosmetic composite/ceramic reconstructions
- Morphology shape map for the buccal and occlusal surface
- The importance of the marginal crest
- Cameras, lenses, flashes, soft boxes, additional light for portrait and intraoral photo/video workflow.
- Case presentations
HANDS-ON - Saturday, 4 November
How to achieve natural morphology every step of the way with a simplified protocol, applicable on multiple materials.
This program takes place on a real cases - BRING YOUR OWN!
Learn powerful step-by-step techniques including:
- DSD settings, photos and software selection
- Choosing the right wax and tools
- Working with loupes
- Step-by-step tooth morphology reconstruction protocols
- Crest and cuspid alignment to create the ideal relationship between uppers and lowers
- How to select the right ingot for the milling protocol
- Furnace set-up to optimise firing
- Bur selection for refining and polishing
- Defining shape, texture design and line angle
- Staining technique and minimal build up to camouflage artefacts and to achieve smooth integration in situ
- Hand and mechanical polishing for a perfect lustre
Participants will progress through all exercises including photo/video taking and digital smile design.