Coopers Plains, AUSTRALIA
This event has concluded
From: 7:30 AM
Friday, 29 July, 2016
To: 5:00 PM
Saturday, 30 July, 2016
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 15 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
An intensive two day program for Dentists and one day program for their staff including hands-on experience onsite at the Department. This event is presented in conjunction with HSQ Forensic and Scientific Services.
- Provision of detailed background in Disaster Victim Identification (DVI),
- For Dentists, in-depth training permitting the attendee to be an effective member of a DVI team,
- For Staff, acquire the capacity to be an effective member of a Forensic Odontology Identification Team,
- Receive comprehensive manual and digital resources.
NB: Participants will tour the mortuary and view autopsy proceedings.
ADAQ extends thanks to HSQ Forensic and Scientific Services for their assistance with this course, and in particular A/Prof Charles Naylor, Acting Senior Director and Chief Forensic Pathologist).
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to Course and Forensic Dental Identification,
- Police – DVI Command and Organisation,
- Psychology in DVI,
- Forensic Pathology,
- DNA in DVI,
- Scene Brief, Post Mortem Brief: charting conventions, photography protocol,
- Tour of the mortuary and WH&S, and examination of the deceased,
- Dental age estimation using OPGs (Dentists only),
- Ante Mortem brief, chart transcription and reconciliation (Dentists only).
Speakers at this event...
Venue for Event...
Coopers Plains QLD 4108
AUSTRALIA Phone: (07) 3000-9388