Everything you need to know about going digital in your dental lab but didn’t know who to ask!
THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED
From: 9:00 AM Saturday, 16 August, 2014
To: 5:00 PM Saturday, 16 August, 2014
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
CAD/CAM: 101 - Everything you need to know about going digital in your dental lab but didn't know who to ask! is a fast-paced, hands-on run through of the digital age of dental technology in a working laboratory that uses 3D scanning, milling and 3D printing. At this event, limited to 10 people, you will learn:
- Is the modern dental laboratory finished?
- Why digital technology is revolutionising dentistry, and why not adopting it will leave you behind.
- The Digital Dental Workflow explained.
- What new materials are available for use in CAD/CAM.
- System options: Do I need a turnkey system or can I assemble a system myself.
- What does "open system" really mean.
- Scanning basics. Lab scanners and Intra Oral Scanners. Which one do I need?
- CAD software, what is available and what does it do. How do I pick the right one?
- CAM - Computer Aided Manufacturing explained.
- What software do I need to run CAM hardware. What hardware do I need?
- Mills: Industrial vs Desktop; wet vs dry.
- 4 axis vs 5 axis
- Which mill do I need and do I need more than one?
- 3D Printing explained. Do I need one. What do I need to know to choose a 3D printer.
- Computer basics. What do I need to know to choose the right computers for my system.
- Outsourcing CAD/CAM. What do I need to know about outsourcing some of my work to a milling centre.