Build your skills and confidence in endodontic treatment
This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Friday, 30 June, 2023
To: 5:00 PM
Saturday, 1 July, 2023
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 13 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
This practical two-day hands-on workshop is limited to 20 participants. Delegates must have attended the ‘Back to Basics - From Start to Endo: Part 1’ lecture to be eligible for 'Part 2' of the course.
This course's philosophy allows participants to slowly build their skills and confidence in carrying out endodontic treatment on all teeth. The two-day course will be treatment based with interactive demonstrations and discussions of all phases of endodontic treatment. Participants will carry out the clinical exercises on teaching models and natural teeth.
The clinical sessions will be preceded by practical demonstrations and hands-on exercises. These include the rapid application of rubber dam and endodontic radiology.
Clinically participants will have the opportunity to use the latest technology, including apex locators, rotary NiTi files and gutta-percha root filling devices. This workshop will include a comprehensive set of notes.
- Carry out pre-treatment procedures to assess if the tooth can be treated
- Apply rubber dam efficiently and quickly in all endodontic cases
- Take consistent radiographic images during treatment
- Understand access cavity design and clues to canal location
- Determining the working length by manual and electronic methods
- Understand the role and of irrigation and intracanal medication
- Understand the principles of rotary instrumentation regardless of the system being used
- Evaluate different obturation techniques and materials
What to Bring:
- Dentists are encouraged to bring their loupes to both days.
- Dentists are required to supply a minimum of four (4) adult multirooted teeth with fully formed roots.
- Teeth that have had any prior endodontic treatment are not acceptable.