This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Friday, 9 November, 2018
To: 4:30 PM
Friday, 9 November, 2018
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 13 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
The stuff you want to know!
This course will address the answers to specific treatment problems. Tips and comparisons of various Class II techniques on treating Class II cases in the mixed and permanent dentition will be discussed. Participants will look and compare treatment criteria, appliance placement and adjustments and treatment responses for various fixed and functional Class II techniques including, bionators, twin blocks, Forsus, elastics and distalizers.
‘Thin slicing’ extraction cases will also be discussed including, when to take teeth out and which teeth to take out. Treatment criteria for lower incisor extractions and management of congenitally missing teeth in extraction cases will be demonstrated.
Dr Lowenhaupt will also share more of the tips and tricks that he has acquired over the last 30+ years of orthodontics. He will discuss relapse cases and what to do about them as well as things that didn’t work.
Multiple cases will be utilized to demonstrate various aspects of mechanics, finishing and detailing and various treatment modalities. Interest will be paid to the best available ‘evidenced based information’. Additionally, multiple treatment ‘pearls’ will be shown to make your practice easier and more efficient.
- Treatment options and comparisons of fixed and removable functional appliances for treatment of Class II malocclusions in the permanent and mixed dentition.
- ‘Thin Slicing’ extraction cases - when, which teeth, and how congenitally missing teeth fit into the mix and borderline cases.
- Lower incisor extraction cases (not just for Class III cases) when and why.
- Dealing with malposed second molars especially those erupting late in the case.
- When is it time to take the braces off?
- Learn multiple ‘pearls’ for practice management of orthodontics in a non-specialty practice dealing with patients and parents.
- Dealing with open bite cases in the mixed and permanent dentition.
- Periodontal and mucogingival problems including frenectomies.
- Long term retention protocol, results and criteria.
- Current info on WSL and OH considerations.
- Multiple individual topic including:
- Single tooth torquing auxillaries
- Midline correction
- Phase I treatment for blocked out cuspids
- Different expansion appliances
- Space maintenance, and
- Tips on aligner treatment