Hands-on workshop for challenging endodontic cases
This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Thursday, 12 October, 2017
To: 4:30 PM
Friday, 13 October, 2017
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 13 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
This is a two-day advanced module in hands-on Endodontics designed for general dentists to gain confidence in performing simple endodontic treatments and to move a step forward towards moderately challenging cases. The course is primarily a hands-on workshop for practising modern techniques of access preparation, locating canals, shaping of the root canal system as well as root canal filling. The participants would gain ample practice on extracted teeth using high magnification devices and CBCT scans with a view to gradual and smooth transition slowly translate into their clinical practice.
The workshop involves step-by-step demonstration of procedures followed by a hands-on workshop on extracted teeth.
- Diagnosis and case selection
- Locating root canals - including difficult to locate orifices (MB2 - maxillary molars, second Distal - mandibular molars, Lingual - Mandibular incisors) - basic science, clinical applications and hands-on workshop
- Negotiating and shaping mild to moderately curved root canals - advanced tools and techniques and hands-on workshop
- Identifying and avoiding potential complications during root canal shaping
- CBCT – reading and interpreting scans of various case scenarios, clinical applications during hands-on session on extracted teeth
- Various uses of ultrasonic endodontic tools during hands-on session
- Root canal fillings – modern concepts and materials for hands-on practice
- Pain control in Endodontics – Analgesics and Anaesthesia
- Endodontic treatment prognosis – to keep or not to keep?
- Over 6 hours of hands-on experience
This course requires practitioners to collect six (6) extracted teeth. Practitioners are also encouraged to bring their loupes on the day. further details will be provided upon registering.