A Hands-On and Roundtable Discussion Course
This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Friday, 20 August, 2021
To: 4:30 PM
Saturday, 21 August, 2021
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 13 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
This 2-day hands-on course is designed for clinicians who would like to learn and incorporate soft tissue management into their daily practice. Basic surgical skills are a pre-requisite to the course. The didactic component starts with educating delegates on periodontal anatomy, fundamentals of wound healing and different types of soft tissue defects. It then proceeds with techniques to harvest grafts for different indications and explains alternatives to autogenous grafts. New and advanced techniques and indications for soft tissue grafting around implants will also be covered. Delegates will get to practice the techniques on pig jaws. Q & A session and breaks provide the opportunity to ask questions and get engaged in discussions.
- Basic surgical instrumentations and armamentarium.
- Suturing techniques.
- Soft tissue grafting indications on teeth and implants.
- Connective tissue and free gingival grafts harvesting and stabilisation techniques.
- Clinical applications of enamel matrix derivative.
- Alternatives to autogenous grafts.
- Management of complications.
- Understanding indications for soft tissue grafting around teeth and implants.
- Learning different incisions and flap designs.
- Learning graft harvesting and management of the recipient and donor sites.
- Learning soft tissue handling and tension free closure.
- Learning different suturing techniques.
- Learning about alternatives to autogenous grafts.
This is a fibro-gide and mucograft accredited training course.