Paediatric Dentistry 101 - ADA NSW New Graduate Residency
This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Tuesday, 21 March, 2023
To: 5:00 PM
Tuesday, 21 March, 2023
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 7 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
Are you a new graduate dentist looking for CPD that will teach you the practical skills you need to feel confident in everyday general practice? The ADA NSW New Graduate Residency is designed to build on your existing skills and create a solid foundation for your future endeavours.
A course is designed to improve your diagnostic, treatment planning and clinical skills in everyday children's dentistry. Gain the required knowledge and skills required to deliver high quality dentistry to all children. This course will emphasise on methods to achieve definitive diagnoses, including how to take radiographs in children.
Better understand the delicate treatment planning considerations of children and gain skills to formulate ideal and individual treatment options and modalities for each child. In addition, gain the skills to communicate treatment plans to parents or guardians.
Engage in the hands-on components of this course to practice placing stainless steel crowns, performing pulpotomies and constructing space maintainers.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Orthodontic considerations with treatment planning
- Understanding Early Childhood Caries
- Understanding Molar Incisor Hypomineralisation
- Common dental anomalies seen in children
- Communicating with children and their parents
- Preparation and placement of stainless steel crowns (hands on)
- Indications and techniques for performing pulpotomies (hands on)
- Preparation and placement of space maintainers (hands on)
- Develop the necessary skills to efficiently diagnose the common dental conditions seen in children
- Develop strategies to improve treatment planning in children's dentistry as well as determining when to use sedation in children
- Understand how orthodontic considerations play a role in treatment planning
- Develop skills in how to communicate better with children and their parents
- Improve hand skills in preparing and cementing stainless steel crowns and space maintainers
- Learn the indications and techniques used for performing pulpotomies.
The ADA NSW New Graduate Residency is a comprehensive program consisting of lectures, hands-on courses, and webinars. The ADA NSW New Graduate Residency series is only available to ADA NSW Members who are categorised as New Graduates - 1st Year graduates or 2nd year graduates prior to 31 July 2022.