This event has concluded
From: 9:00 AM
Tuesday, 16 May, 2023
To: 4:00 PM
Thursday, 18 May, 2023
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 20 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
We are proud to announce ADA NSW Branch and ADA Queensland Branch will be hosting international speaker, Dr Jason Smithson for an intensive 3-day masterclass in advanced anterior restoration. Dr Smithson is an internationally recognised speaker and highly respected for his work in reconstructive and aesthetic dentistry and will be presenting in both both Brisbane, QLD and Sydney, NSW. Click here to attend in Brisbane, QLD.
3-Day Intensive Program
Conventionally, discolored teeth, peg laterals, diastemata and advanced wear cases are treated with indirect restorations: crowns and veneers. This approach is well based in the literature and over time, has proven highly successful, however, in some cases it may prove expensive in terms of overall cost, treatment times and most critically loss of tooth structure.
This masterclass program is designed to allow the experienced practitioner to confidently approach more challenging anterior cases with direct resin in combination with occlusal rehabilitation and bleaching where indicated.
3-Day Masterclass Program with 20 Hours CPD
This Masterclass program consists of three days: a full day lecture and two-days of a hands-on workshop. Attendance to the lecture is mandatory prior to attending the accompanying hands-on workshop.
What you will learn:
- A simple approach to the direct resin veneer: create masterpieces easily and predictably.
- Masking discoloured teeth with direct resin
- How to handle the peg lateral and microdont teeth
- Functional smile design
- How to handle complex cases such as discoloured and misaligned teeth with direct resin in conjunction with simple short-term orthodontics and home whitening
- A predictable approach to reconstruct worn broken down teeth creating functional occlusions with direct resin.
- Increasing the vertical dimension and re-establishing anterior guidance.
- Managing the peg lateral
- and much, much more
The workshop is a natural partner to the presentation. All aspects will be covered on typodont models in a user-friendly manner, which is applicable to the General Practitioner and Specialist alike.
Practice each exercise with Dr Smithson in a stage-by-stage “Follow my Leader” fashion, and benefit from direct support, in a casual environment where delegates are encouraged to ask questions as they work.
- The resin veneer for the discoloured tooth (lateral incisor)
- Diastema closure (central Incisors)
- The peg lateral Incisor
- Managing the worn tooth