Mini-Residency Program with Surgical and Restorative Hands-on Procedures
Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
This event has concluded
From: 8:00 AM
Thursday, 16 November, 2017
To: 5:00 PM
Sunday, 19 November, 2017
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 27 HOURS
This event includes information on the following topics:
The intended audience for this event includes:
AICE is excited to present this 4 days (27 CPD hours) Mini-Residency Programm with Surgical and Restorative Hands-on Procedures. This curriculum is created for specialists and general practitioners. The knowledge will help and guide you in achieving predictable results in your daily clinical practice but also in challenging situations when applying still new but already proven techniques. The four international presenters Prof Vasilios Chronopoulos, Dr Thanos Ntounis, A/Professor Nikos Mattheos, and Dr Panagiota Stathopoulou will help the participants to familiarise with all aspects of Dental Implant Therapy.
1. The aim of this course is to offer an in-depth understanding of the clinical procedures with dental implants in a contemporary clinical practice. The course will analyse the principles of comprehensive treatment planning with Dental Implants, as defined by the latest evidence based treatment guidelines.
2. Lectures will be combined with case presentations and group discussions/assignments, bringing the theory directly into practice.
3. Extensive and advanced hands-on exercises will allow for a vivid understanding of the clinical procedures with Dental Implants and soft tissue grafting.
1. Understand the rationale of different treatment modalities for single implants, partially edentulous spaces.
2. Recognize and select the proper abutment design.
3. Establish a rationale treatment of defects in the aesthetic zone.
4. Become familiar with ridge augmentation procedures and materials.
5. Identify proper cases for immediate implants.
6. Identify proper cases for immediate provisionalisation and tissue shaping.
7. Identify the importance of autogenous soft tissue grafting in the aesthetic zone.
8. Understand wound healing of peri-implant tissues.
9. Understand the indications, guidelines and surgical protocols for basic soft tissue procedures.
10. Per form ridge augmentation procedures on porcine tissue.
11. Become proficient on implant positioning considerations.
12. Prevent and limit complications regarding Implant Prosthodontics.
13. Utilize restorative dentistry techniques for peri-implant tissue manipulation.
CONTENT OF MINI-RESIDENCY
1. Diagnosis, Prognosis & Treatment Planning principles.
2. Predictability of Implant Therapy.
3. Implant Treatment Considerations.
4. Osseointegration, Wound Healing, Implant Design & Surfaces.
5. Patient Assessment: Local and Systemic Factors.
6. Restorative pathways with Dental Implants. Abutment materials and design. Screw vs. Cement Retention.
7. Implant Surgery risk factors.
8. Site Development for Implant Placement: Concepts, Procedures, & Techniques (Preserving and Augmenting the Alveolar Ridge, Hard & Soft handling and manipulation).
9. Immediate loading procedures in single, partially and fully edentulous patients. When and how?
10. Restoration of the partially edentulous aesthetic zone. Single implant restorations. FDP’s (Bridges) in the aesthetic zone. Ovate pontics.
11. Adjacent implants or cantilevers?
12. The pink part of the restoration.
13. Advanced / complex cases.
14. Trends in Implant Dentistry. Digital Implant Dentistry.
15. Biological and Mechanical complications in Implant Therapy. Peri-implantitis. Solutions?
16. Potential and Challenges of Implant Dentistry.
17. Future directions in Implant Dentistry Prosthodontics.
Implant Surgical & Restorative Portion
IN THIS PART YOU WILL:
• Place a Dental Implant in the posterior and in the Aesthetic Zone. Guidelines and procedures.
• Understand soft tissue wound healing principles.
• Become proficient with implant-based soft tissue management.
• Familiarize yourself with soft tissue grafting procedures in implant dentistry.
• Increase aesthetic quality and long-term stability of your implant cases.
• Increase your profitability.
Techniques to be practiced:
• Contour augmentation.
• Immediate implantation.
• Implant provisionals.
• Socket conversion techniques and materials.
IN THIS PART YOU WILL:
• Construct an immediate temporary implant restoration.
• Create an aesthetic emergence profile.
• Transfer emergence profile and learn custom impression procedure.