Develop your practical skills in effective communication for optimal clinical outcomes
This event has concluded
From: 8:00 AM
Thursday, 23 November, 2023
To: 5:30 PM
Thursday, 23 November, 2023
TOTAL CPD FOR THIS EVENT: 8 HOURS
Effective communication is essential for success in clinical practice. Dental practitioners are bound by National Law to deliver Patient-Centred Care, which includes involving our patients in a shared decision-making process, and these principals are highlighted in the updated Dental Board Code of Conduct.
This full-day interactive hands-on course will develop your communication skills and help to mitigate risk, reduce complaints, deliver more effective clinical and financial consent, reduce stress, overcome objections, handle difficult conversations, enhance your case presentation skills, increase your treatment acceptance rates, and ultimately lead to better clinical outcomes for you and your patients.
Join this specially designed course and discover several effective communication strategies to better deliver complex treatment plans using jargon free language and increase your treatment acceptance rates.
In addition, discover how clinical photography is a critical component of a successful clinical practice and communication to your patients. You will experience a practical hands-on training using a Clincam camera, that you will be able to keep and help elevate your case presentation. Further details below.
This course is ideal for 0-10 years of clinical experience, students, ADC practitioners and the whole dental team.
- How to create a perfect patient experience
- Patient psychology, wants, needs and the impact of ambivalence
- Communicating using jargon free language
- How to confidently discuss diagnosis and deliver treatment options with clarity
- Preventing rejection and increase case acceptance
- Structuring your new patient examinations for successful outcomes
- Using active listening, reflective listening and open ended questions during patient interactions
- Implementing photography and radiography in record keeping, consent and case presentation
- Descriptive charting to engage patients in their care
- Understand your obligations under National Law
- Learn how to effectively develop trust and rapport with patients
- Explore how needs and wants impact patient choices in dentistry
- Discover how ambivalence affects patients and what you can do to overcome it
- Learn how to structure your new patient examinations to reduce stress, improve outcomes and case acceptance
- Learn how to effectively deliver diagnosis and treatment options without using jargon or confusing your patients
- Develop strategies for overcoming objections and handling difficult conversations
- Learn about option talk and risk talk when obtaining consent
- Learn how to talk about money with confidence
To support effective communication in your practice, every participant in this course will receive a Clincam dental photography camera ($950 RRP) to utilise in your every day practice.
Although dSLR's are considered a gold standard in photography, the disadvantages of high costs, steep learning curve, difficult and time consuming to use, prevents clinical photography to be used on regular basis.
This course will provide you with both the communication tools and your own dental-specific, easy to use, camera for your practice.